Code Section 280F
Code Section 280F establishes limitations on depreciation for luxury automobiles, as well as certain property used for personal purposes. This includes "listed property" such as computers. Cellphones were listed property until the passage of the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010.
- 1.280F-1T Limitations on investment tax credit and recovery deductions under section 168 for passenger automobiles and certain other listed property; overview of regulations (temporary).
- 1.280F-2T Limitations on recovery deductions and the investment tax credit for certain passenger automobiles (temporary).
- 1.280F-3T Limitations on recovery deductions and the investment tax credit when the business use percentage of listed property is not greater than 50 percent (temporary).
- 1.280F-4T Special rules for listed property (temporary).
- 1.280F-5T Leased property (temporary).
- 1.280F-6 Special rules and definitions.
- 1.280F-7 Property leased after December 31, 1986.